It is with very heavy and sorrowful hearts that we share with you the passing of Acts 29 church planter, Thomas Young.
Thomas Young planted The Sanctuary Fellowship near Houston, Texas. He was a friend, encourager, and partner in the gospel with many of our men. In a moment of weakness and darkness, Thomas chose to end his own life.
The Sanctuary has posted updates at their website:
- A marital dispute arose between Thomas and his wife.
- Thomas made a bad choice in how he sought to settle it, and during the dispute, took his own life.
- He was life-flighted to the hospital, but did not survive.
- His wife and three children are with friends, family and church leadership, loving and supporting each other.
- the funeral will be Thursday, December 3.
Please pray for his wife and their three children. We ask also that you pray for the people of The Sanctuary as they deal with their grief and determine their next steps.
Acts 29 Director, Scott Thomas says, “I grieve with the Youngs and The Sanctuary about this. I am sickened by the sudden and abrupt death of Pastor Thomas. I believe the father of lies deceived him. Nothing can reverse the results of the lies in this case, but we are called to confess, repent and be reconciled to God through the finished work of Jesus on the cross through His resurrection. He is our only hope and without him, we have nothing to cling to. Our only recourse is to fall into the arms of a Father who loves us deeply and completely.”
This is a time for sober reflection and prayer for our pastors and ourselves.
Thomas Young’s funeral will be held at 1pm on Thursday, December 3, at Sugar Creek Baptist Church in Sugar Land, Texas. Details here.
In lieu of flowers, the church has asked for donations to support Thomas’ family. You can donate online or write a check.