The Calling of a Planter - Mark Driscoll
The opening session of the 2009 Acts 29 Boot Camp held in Seattle on March 9-10, 2009.
13 Questions to Determine God's Call of a Church Planter
The first one is mandatory. One other is needed as well (not every one).
1. Have I responded to the gospel call & received the Spirit?
2. Is the Holy Spirit out ahead of me planting the church?
3. Is my church planting call obvious to other godly leaders? (Acts 2:14)
4. Has God confirmed my church plant by showing up in miraculous power? (Acts 3 & 4)
5. Am I reaching lost people to start my plant? (Acts 8:5-9, 12)
6. Has Jesus showed up & told me to plant? (Acts 9:15-16)
7. Has God called me to plant through a vision? (Acts 10-11:18; 16:9-10)
8. Has God providentially relocated me to plant? (Acts 11:19-21)
9. Is God sending me to plant because my church does not much need me? (Acts 13:1-3)
10. Is God calling me to plant because I am wasting my time in a toxic place? (14:1-7)
11. Am I called to be a catalytic church planter or plant a church planting church center? (Acts 14:23-26)
12. Has God called me to plant by giving me a deep burden for a city/people? (Acts 17:16)
13. Has God called me to plant by giving me a core group? (Acts 18:7-8)